RE: Is the ontology structure stored seamlessly with its data?

Hi Joanne,

You might have come across it already, but if not and if PHP is your thing then have a look at RAP [1]. I've only really used it for manipulating RDF instance data (I've never tried to work with OntModels in RAP, although these are supported) but it works pretty well for hacking around with relatively small data sets (i.e. up to a few hundred thousand triples, maybe more depending on what you want to do with them). The SPARQL engine for working with models persisted to RDBs has been rewritten in the latest version (0.9.5), which has significantly improved performance.

Others seem to swear by ARC [2] but have never used it so can't speak from experience.

Cheers,

Tom.

[1] http://sites.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/bizer/rdfapi/
[2] http://arc.web-semantics.org/