Re: [TF:DbE] The easiest keys there are

On 01/10/2007, Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2007, at 6:51 PM, Bijan Parsia wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > The OWLED task force on DatabasEsque features:
> >       http://code.google.com/p/owl1-1/wiki/DatabasEsque
> >
> > Well, at least Uli and me, have been doing a bit of work on keys
> > (aka, inverseFunctional datatype properties) prompted by a visit to
> > Manchester by Matthew Pocock. Some sort of keys is a pretty high
> > value feature.

Hi Bijan,

Quick question, would these 'legitimise', and enable OWL tools to work with
foaf:mbox_sha1sum (allowing person-identity smushing as with
foaf:mbox, which is an ObjectProperty IFP)?

foaf:mbox_sha1sum
    a    r:Property, owl:DatatypeProperty, owl:InverseFunctionalProperty;
    s:comment
        "The sha1sum of the URI of an Internet mailbox associated with
exactly one owner, the  first owner of the mailbox.";
    s:domain
       foaf:Agent;
    s:isDefinedBy
       foaf:;
    s:label
       "sha1sum of a personal mailbox URI name";
    s:range
       s:Literal;
    vs:term_status
       "testing".