AW: Bill-Of-Material in OWL

Hi Brandon,

The purpose of ontology and inference is to model the manufacturing
domain and to reuse the modelled experience knowledge in the processes
like product design, factory planning and simulation. The result should
be a simulation of the production in an early phase of
product/process/factory design, when not enough data and information for
the simulation-team are available. These missing data/information is
usually experience of the engineers from different departments (product
design, production, technology, planning and scheduling, etc.) that
usually is elicitated during the design/planning projects in various
project-meetings and discussions. Moreover, the continuous update of
data and information and running of inferences can discover some
"hidden" actions (e.G. late delivery of a resource, can influence
Production-Plan_A but not Production-Plan_B).

This was a very conscious description, I don't know if it is a part of
your domain of interest.

Pavel