Re: Pellet gives strange, wrong error with Booleans

Bijan... I apologize.  I apparently have gotten on your bad side and I wish
to amend that.

All I wanted to do was bring to your attention an issue that I'm having
between Protege and Pellet.  I am probably not the only person in the
signficant Protege userbase who has run into this problem.  But I might be
the only one who has been able to articulate the problem well enough to
advise you of it.  I came into this from the mindset that it is in your
interest to increase your userbase, a lot of which comes from Protege, and
thus you would want to know about this, and that would lead you to want to
look into it.  Your position is that I am asking for you to fix my personal
issue, and therefore I have responsibility to tell you how to resolve the
issue.  I am sorry for giving you that impression.  I did not intend to
hijack your time.  I should have posted to the support list to begin with.
I would ask, though, that you consider the abstraction barrier between your
users' expertise and your own.  There are a lot of people who wish they
could use ontologies, but they can't because it isn't easy.  I sincerely do
think the community is better off when someone who knows what they are doing
takes responsibility for these interfaces and tries to make sure that
bridges between applications work.  All that I could see from my screen was
that Pellet was reporting the problem, so that's why I started there.

I see now from the other list that Protege wasn't implementing the DIG
protocol correctly and is looking to amend that going forward.  Great.  This
is the result of me cross-posting to the Protege list, which I felt was
appropriate since it seemed like the problem may have been on their end.  I
picked the pellet list and the OWL dev because you suggested that it would
be relevant to them.  I was not intending to cross post randomly or
spitefully.  In the future I will post separately.

I do think that Pellet is a great product, and I do respect the work that
you are doing with it.  Again, I apologize for the headache.

--Stephen