Re: AllDisjoint in RDF mapping

Holger Knublauch wrote on Mon, 26 Feb 2007:

> The goal should be to have some mechanism that allows users to
> enter and display a disjoint union, e.g. in
>
>    A = B xor C xor D
>
> assuming xor represents disjoint union.

Hi, Holger!

Just a side note (a little offtopic): I believe that the above is not
the best way to describe a disjoint union. I would read the expression
"B xor C xor D" to only mean

   "B disjointWith C" and "C disjointWith D",

but I do not see from it what's the relationship between B and D. For
instance, "B equivalentClass D" would be consistent with the above
conjunction, so "B disjointWith D" cannot be inferred from it. Better
would be perhaps something like "xor(B,C,D)".

Cheers,
Michael