Re: RDFS compatibility information in OWL-DL documents

On Apr 18, 2007, at 7:07 PM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> Just to clarify. I would have it be a (separate) subsequent item on
> the agenda to give an OWL native semantics for
> AnnotationSubPropertyOf.
>
> But first things first.
>
> Incidentally, does OWL1.1 spec explicitly declare the RDF
> reification properties (subject, object, predicate) to be
> annotation properties as far as OWL 1.1 is concerned?

No.

> IIRC, their presence in otherwise OWL-DL pushes an ontology to OWL
> Full.

At the moment there are no species in OWL 1.1. Reification is used in
the RDF mapping to encode axiom annotations (a bit brokenly at the
moment). Being used as syntax like that would suggest ruling them out
(i.e., it's that sort of consideration that make domain modeling
using rdf:List owl full), but one hopes the criteria will evolve a
bit ;)

Cheers,
Bijan.