Re: Error with Annotation Properties

On Apr 11, 2005, at 6:02 PM, Webster wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have run into an issue with annotation properties and their support
> by two popular validators.
>
> Pellet [1] indicates that the following is OWL-Lite/DL, yet WonderWeb
> [2] throws a warning due to an "Untyped Individual" and forces
> OWL-Full.

There are actually two problems (or possible problems) with your
example.

> <rdf:RDF
>   xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#"
>   xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
>   xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#">
>
> <owl:Class rdf:about="http://test/class">
>   <rdfs:label>A class</rdfs:label>
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Remove this to pass the WonderWeb validator.

I have to go back to the specs to check whether you can have annotation
properties on descriptions like this. It's probably a good idea to
avoid them.

>   <rdfs:subClassOf>
>     <owl:Restriction>
>       <rdfs:label>A restriction</rdfs:label>
>       <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="http://test" />
>       <owl:minCardinality>1</owl:minCardinality>
[snip]

This should have
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#nonNegativeInteger".
Neither system detects that! So I should check the specs there, too :)

When I figure out what the right behavior is, we'll update the Pellet
side (and submit a patch to the OWL API).

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.