Re: Issue 22

Alan,

the WG is not closed but is not chartered to change the technical content of the OWL 2 recommendation either:-( The only reason to keep the WG open is to produce and _edited_ recommendation. Ie, (1) update the xsd references when the time comes and (2) handle _editorial_ changes that do not affect existing implementations. I am afraid this issue goes beyond it, as it introduces a new syntax...

Cheers

Ivan

On May 23, 2010, at 04:36 , Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> As the working group is not officially closed, I wonder if it is worth
> reconsidering Issue 22 [1], for which there was further information
> and a solution offered in a an paper: "A Solution for the Man-Man
> Problem in the Family History Knowledge Base" Dmitry Tsarkov and
> Ulrike Sattler and Margaret Stevens and Robert Stevens.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/tracker/issues/22?changelog
> [2] http://www.webont.org/owled/2009/papers/owled2009_submission_32.pdf
>
> The paper offers evidence that the feature is of utility, offers a
> syntax and and reasoner implementation.
>
> Alan
>
> (as OWL user, not chair)

----