[ortc] Unclear whether XxxTransport is really closed or not

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2016 17:54:45 +0000
To: public-ortc@w3.org
ibc has just created a new issue for https://github.com/openpeer/ortc:

== Unclear whether XxxTransport is really closed or not ==
In WebRTC 1.0 calling `peerconnection.close()` is required even if it
fires a "failed" `oniceconnectionstatechange" event, otherwise it is
not freed.

In ORTC, and with a recent
[change](https://github.com/openpeer/ortc/commit/11108566d5fe4fa664b1de94e8f7229b51a80c62),
 a `RTCDtlsTransport` may fire a "closed" `ondtlsstatechange` event
(without the user having called `stop()` on it).

Also, a `RTCIceTransport` may fire "failed" or "closed"
`onicestatechange`...

So, when should the user assume that a `RTCDtlsTransport` and a
`RTCIceTransport` has been *definitely* closed (and "freed")?

If for example the remote peer sends me a DTLS close alert and my
`RTCDtlsTransport` fires "closed" `ondtlsstatechange`, should I call
`stop()` on it or not?

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/openpeer/ortc/issues/338 using your GitHub account