Re: ice restart ?

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Robin Raymond <robin@hookflash.com> wrote:

> Well actually ... (and I apologise I am still catching up with ORTC's
> intended semantics) ... why can't we just use the ICE transport as the
> object that provides context grouping? Is this what you were suggesting as
> well?
>
> [RR] Context grouping is not enough. ICE freezing has an ordering. The
> simple implicit ordering I was going to use is based upon the
> RTCIceTransport construction order. Quite simply, if the RTCIceTransport
> within the same context grouping was constructed later it would have
> freezing dependency on those within the same context created earlier.

Ah ... ok ... I was confused one ICE transport would be servicing all media
streams and components in a single context.

[RR] But if we force a new RTCIceTransport object to be constructed to do
> ICE restart that new transport will be put at the end of the freezing order
> for the same context. I don't know if that matters since or not ultimately
> (e.g. if we assume that ice restarts would happen on all transports within
> the same context thus they all get created again anyway so the order could
> be preserved by recreating in the objects in the same order).

Do we need an ICE restart to preserve the context? Wouldn't it be simpler
if it didn't?

Emil

--
https://jitsi.org