RE: A small proposal to cleanup DataChannel construction.

Within the current proposal, the RTCDataChannelParameters dictionary would look like this:

dictionary RTCDataChannelParameters {
    DOMString      id = "";
    DOMString      type = "";  // Do we still need this?
    boolean        outOfOrderAllowed = false;
    unsigned short maxRetransmitTime = null;
    unsigned short maxRetransmitNum = null;
    DOMString      protocol = "";
    boolean        preset = false;
    unsigned short stream = null;
};

With dictionary inheritance, it might look like this:

dictionary RTCDataChannelParameters {
    DOMString id = "";
    DOMString type = ""; // Do we still need this?
};

dictionary RTCSctpDataChannelParameters : RTCDataChannelParameters {
    boolean        outOfOrderAllowed = false;
    unsigned short maxRetransmitTime = null;
    unsigned short maxRetransmitNum = null;
    DOMString      protocol = "";
    boolean        preset = false;
    unsigned short stream = null;
};

The rest of it looks like this:

[Constructor(RTCDataTransport transport, RTCDataChannelParameters parameters)]
interface RTCDataChannel : EventTarget {
    readonly    attribute RTCDataTransport         transport;
    readonly    attribute RTCDataChannelParameters parameters;
    void send (Object data);
                attribute EventHandler             ondata;
};

[Constructor(RTCDtlsTransport)]
interface RTCSctpTransport : RTCDataTransport {
                attribute RTCDtlsTransport transport;
    static RTCSctpCapabilities getCapabilities ();
    void                       start (RTCSctpCapabilities remoteCaps);
    void                       stop ();
                attribute EventHandler     ondatachannel;
};

dictionary RTCSctpCapabilities {
    unsigned int maxMessageSize = null;
};