Re: ICE candidate search freezing and reuse of usernameFrag/password for components

Hi Emil,

I think I understand the fundamental confusion point.

ICE is used for consent and consent freshness. [BA] confirmed that it
was not changed to Dtls. I think we both agree on this point.

However, it's my understanding that the browser generates the local
ufrag:password and it's NOT changeable once created by the browser by
the web application.See:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-security-arch-09#section-5.3

Quote:
"The JS MUST NOT be permitted to control the local ufrag and password,
though it of course knows it."

Even though in theory you can modify the SDP before setLocalDescription
for WebRTC 1.0, you cannot modify the local ufrag:password which is
assigned by the browser.

When I say "WebRTC ICE" that's what I mean. A normal application has
control over their own ufrag:password. A web application has that value
locked down and unmodifiable. There are special rules that browsers must
adopt in relation to the web developer that are not normally restricted
by stand alone applications.

-Robin