Re: A Big Proposal: A way to control quality/resolution/framreate/simulcast/layering with RtpSender

On 19 February 2014 14:38, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com> wrote:
> {
>   frameratePriorty: 0.5,
>   resolutionPriority: 0.1,
>   qualityPriority: 1.0
> }

I think that I meant this:

resources: 1,  // relative proportion of resources to allocate
  // this could be somewhat deterministic and measurable
preferences: {
  framerate: 0.5,
  resolution: 0.1,
  quality: 0.8
}

> Meaning "I want really high quality, with good framerate, and I don't care
> about resolution."

Yep.

> I actually had just that in an earlier design, but the complexity didn't
> seem worth it.  But it's certainly worth discussing.

I see this as less complex than what you proposed.  Fewer knobs to try
to understand.