Re: A Big Proposal: A way to control quality/resolution/framreate/simulcast/layering with RtpSender

On 19 February 2014 14:35, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com> wrote:
> Scale is there for the benefit of simulcast.  If you're not doing simulcast,
> you can pretty much ignore it.  And for the discussion of priority and
> bandwidth, scale doesn't really factor in.  Although... maybe someone can
> come up with another use case for it.

I can.  In recent discussions, we've reached the conclusion that as
bandwidth reduces you have to scale down at some point to protect
quality or frame rate.  Setting a lower *target* scale allows the
browser to make that choice.