RE: Object RTC (ORTC) API for WebRTC

It breaks down at step 9.  That won't be permitted until A has talked to B and B has talked to A.

The reason it doesn't work is:
A can't send to B without knowing ICE credentials.
B can't send to A without knowing ICE credentials.
Data, other than ICE, cannot be exchanged until both are talking to each other.  Both media and data channels require that the four way DTLS handshake completes.

CU-RTC-Web would allow what you are describing, but only by adding custom STUN parameters to connectivity checks.  That feature wasn't considered important enough to retain.