Re: Meeting 10 May 2017 (08:00 UTC)

On 11 May 2017 at 08:26, Nicolas Launois
<nicolas.launois@european-athletics.org> wrote:
> For instance, they keep the sport specific code there:
> http://odf.olympictech.org/2016-Rio/codes/HTML/odf_codes_OG/odf_codes.htm

Good to see they use the same codes the sport already uses!
It's also good to note in our docs where we agree with ODF

> In this document
> (http://odf.olympictech.org/2016-Rio/general/PDF/ODF2_Foundation_Principles.pdf),
> there is simple and general definition of the structure of competitions:
> http://odf.olympictech.org/2016-Rio/general/PDF/ODF2_Foundation_Principles.pdf
>
> Unlike what it was with the first version of the ODF (all messages sent
> after each round and competition, athletes and events defined by codes in
> the messages, that was highlighted by Cristiano from deltatre in Madrid),
> the ODF-2 messages can be sent by event and round, specifically for start
> list or result, and they include the athlete’s name, the name of the event,
> phase and the details of the result. I will have more details today.

That sounds MUCH better.  I look forward to hearing more.

You may want to suggest to the IOC that they should publish examples,
as well as standards.  It would be great to have a sample of real ODF
messages from Rio available, and it would be good for them as others
could then learn to comply and interoperate with them - e.g. we could
build two-way gateways.  Some messages may be private in nature, but
the finish data from a day of athletics should not.

- Andy