Re: Disciplines/Event code list

Hi,

As promised, I requested the bulk of the Spanish DB with *all* official
competitions in Spain, including youth sports. I aligned their model with
my proposal and it fits almost perfect. Just some differences in the "venue
type". It includes Cross Country, Road, and Mountain to the existing
Outdoor, Indoor.

In total, 695 different event types!!! Some of them may be simplified in my
opinion. 100m outdoors is the same discipline for men and women, and the
model has one per gender. That information of gender-age category is
included in another aspect of the model.

It includes the "official" disciplines but also some concrete ones, such as
'Basque Javelin Throw' or '2x30m round-trip' :-)

I think we can find a unique representation of the common events, and offer
the flexible extension for those who want to extend the model.

Feel free to have a look and comment on the example:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OxjfZ4AkE8RTZc2mgBXLJhwdLD3pcwAC2V51hiHT_cU/edit?usp=sharing

After testing this, I will create an ETL to convert and export the tabular
information into JSON (LD).

Best,

Martin