Re: distinguishing between 'description URLs' and 'interface URLs'

This seems a reasonable distinction at a high level and I definitely agree
with the goal of unambiguously naming things.  Just a couple thoughts.

> for the other two i would say:
> 2) the string X is the "URL of an interface to" the object Y
> 3) the string X is the "URL of a description of" the object Y

I disagree with the wording of 2.  Given this specific example, the most we
would be able to say is "the string X is the URL of an interface to a
mailbox which object Y owns (or is somehow associated with)" (unless when
you say "object Y" you are referring to the mailbox and not the "user").

for non-web entities, or in secondary documents:
> - URN
> - interface-URL
> - description-URL

for web entities:
> - retrieval-URL
> - interaction-URL

For web entities the separation of retrieval-URL and interaction-URL is
somewhat artificial and it's necessity and value I imagine would be
application specific.  It is entirely possible that a retrieval-URL and an
interaction-URL will be the same URL.  For example,
http://www.example.com/docs/exampledoc.html may be a retrieval-URL for a
particular document resource representation, but may also act as an
interaction-URL for updating the document resource.

Best
-Paul

--
Paul Michelotti