Re: FYI: Public Draft of the W3C Annotation Working Group Charter

I fully agree to Bob's statement for data annotations.

I don't want to imagine what poorness Open Annotation would represent in
particular to stakeholders with regard to the WG instantiation, if it is
not explicitly possible to annotate any kind of real data.
At least, the spec should address the most common types of data sources
like RDF (SPARQL Queries), XML (XPointer, XQuery) and of course SQL
queries for RDBMS. If OA could just be used to annotate HTML, images or
resources in general, it think would become inadequate not only in
research domain and would give up a significant part of its outreach.

best
Lutz