Re: [IIIF-Discuss] Re: Annotations which verify their content

Thank you for the very clear explanation. This does seem like the best path
to implementation and if we find any conventions within the standards that
are easy to use, we will share them out.

The reliability of images in the IIIF context was at the end of a
conversation wondering if image recognition resources (as we have access to
a HPC cluster here) could be applied to linked open data to suggest some
sameAs relationships between images of the same manuscript leaf (or any
media file), for example. It is the case that it should be nearly unheard
of for a known resource like a repository image to change after being
referenced, so what I was imagining may be a service/convention/resource of
an annotation store, but does not belong inside the model recommendations.

Patrick Cuba
Center for Digital Humanities
Saint Louis University
314-977-4249