Re: Dublin Core prefixes in OA

Thank you Markus and Ivan!

Rob, I understand your concerns.
As developer the switch will require some additional work as well... and I
am sure not everybody will be noticing the subtle change.

Another option would be to delay the change until 'a next version of the
spec' so that we have time to sort out the open issues and hopefully go
down to one single namespace. Or even evaluate alternatives if we can't
find a good fit. At that point I agree, the change would be a lot easier to
detect.

Tom, in order to evaluate using a single dc namespace, we need to better
understand the intended use of MediaTypeOrExtent and LinguisticSystem in
DC-TERMS.
I can find lots of pages with the class definition but no actual instances
or explanations on how to use those properly.
Could you or somebody else close to the Dublin Core initiative help us out
with understanding how to use these classes?

In any case, I am not entirely sure about abandoning Literals for more
complex artifacts.
DC elements and even schema.org ( http://schema.org/inLanguage ) are pretty
straightforward to be used for that purpose.
So I would probably be inclined to keep two different namespaces....
In this case changing the prefixes sooner rather than later would avoid
even more software using the old ones erroneously.

Let's see if we can understand better the use of MediaTypeOrExtent and
LinguisticSystem first.

Best,
Paolo