Re: oa:start and end

Hi All,

I think the wording in the spec[1] is quite clear:

-------------
/The start can be thought of as the position of a cursor in the list.
Position 0 would be immediately before the first character, position 1
would be immediately before the second character, and so on. The start
character is thus included in the list, but the end character is not as
the cursor stops immediately before it. //
//For example, if the document was "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz", the
start was 4, and the end was 7, then the selection would be "efg". //
/-------------

However, the description in the ontology[2] is not so clear:

-------------
/An oa:Selector which describes a range of text based on its start and
end positions./
-------------

Indeed, this section could be a bit more detailed, to convey the intent
more precisely.

I can confirm that the implementation in Hypothes.is (which is hopefully
going to land in Annotator soon) is in sync with the first spec, so it
behaves as Robert has described. (So from "abcdefghijkl", start:0, end:1
gives "a" .)

1:
http://www.openannotation.org/spec/core/specific.html#TextPositionSelector
2: http://www.w3.org/ns/oa#d4e667