Re: oa:start and end

Hi Rob,
I remember when the change was done.  The problem is the semantics of
the property.

For "This is a sentence."
You will have:
"a" ->
oa:start "9"
oa:end "9"

While NIF and most other NLP tools use:
nif:beginIndex "8"
nif:endIndex "9"

Actually, I was just about to add:
nif:beginIndex rdfs:subPropertyOf oa:start .
now I have to add:
nif:beginIndex owl:propertyDisjointWith oa:start .

Furthermore, all NLP tools will have to do +1 and will loose precision,
as annotations on gaps are lost, e.g. the "sentence beginning" is at 0,0

RFC 5147 spents about a page explaining exactly how they count position.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5147#section-2.1.1

Actually, the definition of NIF is even more specific as it defines that
the property counts Unicode code units, which can sometime make a
difference for Asian languages.

All the best,
Sebastian