RE: JSON-LD Telecon Minutes for 2013-07-02

On Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:46 AM, Pat Hayes wrote:
> On Jul 8, 2013, at 1:01 PM, Robert Sanderson wrote:
> > Something like:
> >
> > rdf:listHead  -- The object, which must be a blank node with rdf:type
> rdf:List, is the first entry in a list associated with the subject
> resource.
>
> I guess I don't follow this. If the object is of type LIst, and it is
> the first item in a list, then you have a list of lists. Which is
> legal, but I don't see how it helps with the problem we have here. And
> what does "associated with" mean?

I think was Robert meant was something like

    <> rdf:ListHead _:head .
    <> ... other properties of <> ...
    _:head rdf:type rdf:List .
    _:head rdf:first ...
    _:head rdf:rest _:item2 .
    _:item2 ...

If we decide to modify the JSON-LD algorithms (I expect we do that) you can
do something like this to associate other properties to the *list head*:

   {
     "@id": "_:head",
     ... other properties ...
     "rdf:first": "A",
     "rdf:rest": { "@list": [ "B", "C" ] }
   }

You can do exactly the same in Turtle

    _:head ... other properties ...
    _:head rdf:first "A".
    _:head rdf:rest ( "B", "C" ) .

Robert, would that address your problem?

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler