Re: PAV (was Re: Review of future/core.html)

Antoine,
PAV is a vocabulary that is used by nanopublications and all my previous
work.
Probably will be used in Research Objects as well (Stian can confirm or
deny that).

I've created that ontology for the SWAN project in 2006 and it is used
since.
With Stian in particular, we created a new version that is build on top of
PROV.
In fact, PAV is one of the three-four ontologies that has been considered
as starting point for the PROV incubator:
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/wiki/Provenance_Vocabulary_Mappings

However, that said, there is no official connection with Open Annotation.

I am personally using it for everything I do related to annotation as I
need to distinguish creators of the digital resource, and creator of the ip
or curators of the ip.
And I also need to distinguish a bunch of other things that are essential
for tracking science.
However, that is, at the moment, out of scope of the specs. Unless
something will change in the future.

Just to be clear, I obviously also comply with the Open Annotation
provenance model (I use both ways at the same time).

Best,
Paolo

--
Dr. Paolo Ciccarese
http://www.paolociccarese.info/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the addressee(s),
may contain information that is considered
to be sensitive or confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed to
any other party without the permission of the sender.
immediately.