Re: Floating Quotable Citations (FQC)

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Dan Whaley <dwhaley@hypothes.is> wrote:

> But instead of exact matching on the prefix/postfix contexts, we use a
> fuzzy match to improve somewhat on the brittleness that hard context
> anchors have when changes to the document occur within them.
>
> One of the design objectives here was to support cross-format annotation
> (annotations to the PDF can be surfaced on the HTML version, etc).

Dan, that is certainly impressive, it looks like a quite reliable method
for annotating mutable digital documents.
The advantage of printed material is that changes between the original
source and proofread text are close to nil.
On the other hand, data availability is less than on purely digital
documents, therefore input text should be kept to a minimum.

I'll elaborate on your mailing list, it might be worthwhile.

David