Re: confused about extending Motivations: oa:motivationScheme

Hello Bob,

> Thanks, that's what I thought.  From your confirmation of my
> understanding I also conclude
>
> 1. If I correctly read the thread initiated by Antoine as
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-openannotation/2013Jan/0017.html
> we would prefer that the example in
> http://openannotation.org/spec/core/appendices.html#ExtendingMotivations
> have capitalized oa:MotivationScheme  rather than oa:motivationScheme

No, it was me scrupulously using the capitalization that was in the document then :-)
In reality as I said in another mail I believed that lower-case was better, because oa:motivationScheme is an instance (or the ConceptScheme class)

> 2. We haven't actually declared oa:MotivationScheme anywhere except
> implicitly by its need implied by
> http://openannotation.org/spec/core/appendices.html#ExtendingMotivations
> (Right?)

Right.
But it will be in the OWL ontology, if I trust Stian's https://github.com/stain/oa/blob/master/oa.rdf

(by the way Stian the rdfs:label of that instance ("motivationScheme") is not super-beautiful, if I may!)

Cheers,

Antoine