Re: Important: Namespace Change

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes <soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 09:22:42 +0000
To: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
Cc: public-openannotation <public-openannotation@w3.org>
On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 1:35 AM, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com> wrote:
> After much consideration and discussion, it was decided to change the
> namespace to:
>     http://www.w3.org/ns/oa#

A good choice.

> Once the ontology has been updated (thank you Stian!) we will send the
> ontology and the context document to the W3C to be hosted in the
> appropriate place (thank you Ivan and Phil!)

I've put new version at https://github.com/stain/oa/  (look, I used
the same shortname).

> The spec has been updated to reflect this change. The final question
> is if we can retroactively apply this to the spec of 2 days ago, or if
> we need a 20130207 version for this change?

NO! That would just be evil - what would be the point of those version
numbers at all then?

Let's make a 20130208 version. It should also say in some obvious
highlight at the top that the namespace has changed.

Also include a link to the OWL version quite separately at the top (by
relative IRI to "schema.xml") - specially as http://www.w3.org/ns/oa
is not there yet and would change in the future.   Thus say
http://www.openannotation.org/spec/core/20130208/schema.xml would stay
as it is.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team