Re: Last Ultimate Final Call :)

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Paolo,
>
> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Paolo Ciccarese
> <paolo.ciccarese@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > I agree that the current Tag solution is not ideal. And I also agree
> that it
> > is not good modeling but if I have a URI that returns an entry in a
> database
> > in HTML and I don't have an alternative URI for identifying that concept
> > might use that rather than introducing another URI that nobody in the
> > community would understand.
>
> Well, they could understand it by following through to the "Source" URI.
>
> > Question is: are we 110% sure it is not going to be a problem?
> > In other words:
> > I say
> > ... oa:hasBody <http://omim.org/entry/104760>
>
> Where that's a document, and the intent is that it should be rendered as
> HTML?
>

> > <http://omim.org/entry/104760>  a oa:Tag;
> > Somebody else says only:
> > ... oa:hasBody <http://omim.org/entry/104760>
>
> Where the intent is clear that it's a Tag, not a document.
>

> > Now in the open world the second annotation is going to gain the Tag
> nature.
> > Again, we do not recommend the above behavior but it is very very common.
>
> Right. But ... the chances of other people using that URI as a
> document that should be rendered?  Yes it's possible, but seems
> unlikely? And we don't recommend doing that, just the same as the home
> page / person case.

The thing is that it is not unlikely. That is my fear.

> > So how about recommending to do #tag on the URI of the page?
> > Like: http://omim.org/entry/104760#tag
> > Again, not ideal but it could help. No?
>
> This is what we recommend already, using a different URI  and linking
> it to the document :)

Wait, that is exactly my point. Not 'a different URI' in general, that
would create a mess I believe.
How do we feel in pushing for a specific way of using "the different URI"
#something?

This is common practice in the Drupal platform where they use #person after
the URI of a profile HTML page to indicate the conceptual entity behind the
profile.

It seems  WebIDs use #me
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/

Paolo