Re: Last Ultimate Final Call :)

Hi Paolo,

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Paolo Ciccarese
<paolo.ciccarese@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> I agree that the current Tag solution is not ideal. And I also agree that it
> is not good modeling but if I have a URI that returns an entry in a database
> in HTML and I don't have an alternative URI for identifying that concept I
> might use that rather than introducing another URI that nobody in the
> community would understand.

Well, they could understand it by following through to the "Source" URI.

> Question is: are we 110% sure it is not going to be a problem?
> In other words:
> I say
> ... oa:hasBody <http://omim.org/entry/104760>

Where that's a document, and the intent is that it should be rendered as HTML?

> <http://omim.org/entry/104760>  a oa:Tag;
> Somebody else says only:
> ... oa:hasBody <http://omim.org/entry/104760>

Where the intent is clear that it's a Tag, not a document.

> Now in the open world the second annotation is going to gain the Tag nature.
> Again, we do not recommend the above behavior but it is very very common.

Right. But ... the chances of other people using that URI as a
document that should be rendered?  Yes it's possible, but seems
unlikely? And we don't recommend doing that, just the same as the home
page / person case.

> So how about recommending to do #tag on the URI of the page?
> Like: http://omim.org/entry/104760#tag
> Again, not ideal but it could help. No?

This is what we recommend already, using a different URI  and linking
it to the document :)

Rob