Re: cnt:chars

Thanks.   It still leaves me puzzled on the question of what if any
drawbacks are there of serializing without making an explicit type
declaration in the face of use of cnt:chars or its cousins for the
other cnt:Class types.  In other words, what is gained by seeing the
class declaration in the Annotation vs not? What would humans or
software do differently if they had no way to determine that the
object is a cnt:Class?

The main thing that comes to mind is that  in dealing with content,
applications built with good rdfs support would probably be able to
switch just on the cnt:Class subclass, rather than switch on the
predicate URI itself. This doesn't seem like a very big advantage, if
any.

--
Robert A. Morris

Emeritus Professor  of Computer Science
UMASS-Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd
Boston, MA 02125-3390

IT Staff
Filtered Push Project
Harvard University Herbaria
Harvard University

email: morris.bob@gmail.com
web: http://efg.cs.umb.edu/
web: http://etaxonomy.org/mw/FilteredPush
http://www.cs.umb.edu/~ram
===
The content of this communication is made entirely on my
own behalf and in no way should be deemed to express
official positions of The University of Massachusetts at Boston or
Harvard University.