Re: Body Description vs Title (RE: Textual Note example)

Hi Vladimir, Leyla, all,

The Open Annotation model is based on web architecture, and hence the body
must be a resource not just a string.  ContentAsText is used to embed the
resource within the annotation document, but it's still a resource in its
own right.  If there wasn't a ContentAsText, then systems would try to
dereference the resource's URI to obtain the representation.

For multiple bodies, each resource that is the object of oa:hasBody is
individually related to each target. That doesn't seem to fit the use case
that Vladimir was describing where there's simply a resource that has a
title.

There are two possible models, in my opinion:

1.  The body has a title

_:x a oa:Annotation ;
  oa:hasBody _:b ;
  oa:hasTarget <someuri> .

_:b a cnt:ContentAsText ;
  cnt:chars "The description lives here" ;
  dc:format "text/plain" ;
  dc:title "Title of this resource" .

2.  The body includes the title
(same annotation)

_:b a cnt:ContentAsText ;
  cnt:chars "<dc:record><dc:title>Title of this
resource</dc:title><dc:description>The description lives
here</dc:description></dc:record>" ;
  dc:format "application/xml" .

And of the two, the first seems much more friendly to systems that don't
need to understand the title.

Rob