Re: Literals as Body

Hi Reto,

I think this is in some how related to another post in the group
"AnnotationProperty vs ObjectProperty"... I do not know whether OA is
modeled in OWL or RDF, I was looking for a link to the specification but I
did not find it (any knows where is it?)

>From the other post, I dot this link
http://www.openannotation.org/spec/core/core-schema.xml (not sure if that
corresponds to the last official release) and hasBody is defined as

<rdf:Property rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/ns/openannotation/core/hasBody">
<rdfs:domain rdf:resource="
http://www.w3.org/ns/openannotation/core/Annotation"/>
<rdfs:comment>The relationship between Annotation and Body</rdfs:comment>
<rdfs:isDefinedBy>
<owl:Ontology rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/ns/openannotation/core/">
<owl:versionInfo>core/20120509</owl:versionInfo>
</owl:Ontology>
</rdfs:isDefinedBy>
<rdfs:label>hasBody</rdfs:label>
</rdf:Property>

As far as I understand, Body is not modeled by OA so it is open and can be
any resource. If you model you plain text as an rdfs:Literal, the it is a
resource so I guess your first option, the short one, is valid according to
the specification. Any thoughts about it?

Cheers,

Leyla