Re: [Open Annotation] some questions

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Christian Morbidoni
> <christian.morbidoni@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1) When I use pundit:hasPageContext, I think about a property attached to
> > the annotation and not to one of the specific targets.
> > In Pundit we are supporting cross-page annotations, that is an annotation
> > that has two targets, e.g. two named content from two different pages.
>
> > Then...again: how do I know what page the user was looking at when he
> > created the annotation? was ithttp://example.org/page/2.html or
> > http://example.org/page/1.html
>
> I'm not sure I see the requirement.  Can you explain how a consuming
> application would change its behaviour based on the information as to
> which page the user was looking at when she created (submitted?
> started?) the annotation with multiple targets?

Christian do you have 'directionality' in some of your annotation?
Or it is simply for tracking provenance better?

> > That is why I'm currently doing:
> > <_:Anno1> a oa:Annotation ;
> >   oa:hasSource <_:Body1> ;
> >   oa:hasTarget <_:SpecificResource1> ;
> >   oa:hasTarget <_:SpecificResource2> ;
> >   pundit:hasPageContext <http://example.org/page/1.html> .
>
> To be honest, I think that's fine! It seems like a particular piece of
> information that your client can create and then use, without
> affecting anything else.  Other systems will simply ignore the
> hasPageContext relationship unless they also know what it means.

Agree. Maybe we should open a page in the Wiki with 'other properites' that
real implemented systems currently use.
Then we can evaluate when to move some of those in the extension/core.

Paolo