Re: lexical resources with n-ary translations

Am .06.2020, 11:49 Uhr, schrieb Gilles SĂ©rasset
<Gilles.Serasset@univ-grenoble-alpes.fr>:

> As Christian said correctly, there are indeed many dictionaries with
> more than 2 languages. However, at least for traditional
> printed(/printable) >dictionaries, they are “multi-target fork
> dictionaries" (as I called them in my thesis). They have one source
> language and several target languages. >Sometimes, you have
> “multi-target linked directory” as the French -> English -> Malay”
> dictionary we produced decades ago.
>
> As far as terminologies are concerned, you may find “tables” where there
> is no (official) source languages (one language by column, one concept
> by >line), but this is only possible when you have not meaning shifts
> between your set of languages in the terminology. Not sure you can
> represent such >terminologies using vartrans.

In principle, we could use vartrans:relates for undirected translations,
but the restriction holds that a LexicoSemanticRelation must not have more
than two of those.

BTW: At the LDL workshop earlier this week, we were briefly discussing to
collect issues/feature requests for possible future revisions or
extensions of OntoLex in the GitHub. Aside from permitting more than two
vartrans:target (and vartrags:relates) per Translation, there are some
more candidates for this that we have repeatedly discussed about and that
might at least be documented somewhere (even if they do not feed into a
revised OntoLex 1.1, they could be considered in the discussion of a
future standardization effort on the basis of the current report).

Would we need a new repository for this? In principle, we could also use
https://github.com/ontolex/ontolex/issues, but the issues here (and the
content of the repo) are somewhat different in tone and scope than
vocabulary development.

Best,
Christian