Re: Remidner: Ontolex Teleconference today(5th of February), 13:00 - 14:00 CET

Dear Christian, all,

   given the spam in the ontolex skype group, I will create a new group
in the next days.

By the way, I propose we move the telco scheduled for Monday 5th
(tomororw) to the 12th in order to have a bit of time to discuss per
email what are the next steps and the outputs the group wants to produce
in the near time.

First, I would like to ask all of you to provide some topics that you
would like to be discussed in the next telcos.

During last telco you discussed the telos-example that Fahad provided. I
suppose there was largely consensus on the modelling proposed by Fahad?
If not, I would be happy if someone could summarize the main points of
disagreemen briefly in an email to the group.

Second, I think that our next goal will be to produce a draft for the
lexicographic module. It would be great if we could have something until
summer, so we should thinking about starting to draft a spec of the
module and talk about responsibilities.

Let me also mention that during our last telcos there was some concern
with the definition of lexical entry as assuming one part of speech
only. Katrien mentioned this being an issue, she mentioned the example
of "blue". Possibly Katrien could provide the details on this list.

Last but not least: Paul Buitelaar has expressed his diesire to resign
as a chair of the ontolex group. I would like to propose that we appoint
John McCrae as a co-chair together with me. After all, he has been
devoting a lot of time to ontolex and lead many discussions and telcos
lately.

If others want to propose additional chairs, please do so. There is no
restriction on there being three chairs only. I assume that UPM will be
strongly involved in specifying the lexicographic module, so I would
kindly invite UPM to propose someone.

The next telco will be on the 12th of March, 13:00 CET. I will send the
agenda once I have received suggestions for topics.

Kind regards,

Philipp.