Re: Reminder, telco today on decomposition module

Hi Philipp, All

Here are my comments on the Synsem module. The comments on decomp will
follow in the next days.

---

In the diagram, the association named "subframe" should be applied to
SemanticFrame rather than to sense. The same holds true for the property
condition.

---

In the wiki, it is mostly used the property name synBehaviour, despite in
the definition box it appears as synBehavior. In the ontology, the property
is named synBehavior with a label equal to "syntactic behaviour".

I do not have a strict opinion on which orthography to use, but I am
surprised that the (human readable) name and the label use two different
orthographies.

----

Just above the definition box of synArg, there is the following sentence:

"The object property synArg is used to relate a (syntactic) frame to one of
its (syntactic) arguments."

I would avoid the use of parenthesis around the word syntactic, and instead
write "syntactic frame".

----

In the definition box of Class: Syntactic Argument and Class: Syntactic
Argument, should there be a superclass Argument? (at least it is present in
the ontology)

----

In the definition box of Class: Semantic Frame, the axiom should use
SemanticArgument
instead of Argument

-----

Concerning Example synsem/example3, I would make it explicit the fact that
the binding between the syntactic and semantic arguments is realized by
unifying them.

------

In Example synsem/example7, you use rdfs:subProperty, while the correct one
is rdfs:subPropertyOf.

the the semantic argument giving_event seems unbound. Is this a case in
which we should use the property isA?

----

I would expand the description of Example synsem/example8, to indicate the
function of synsem:isA. Also, if I am right on the previous point, I think
that there is a slight difference between the use of isA in this example
and its use in example 7.

----

In the wiki you use "*X ∈ ∃inverse father.Thing"*. Although it is probably
a bad name, I would write a perhaps clearer "*X ∈ ∃ fatherOf.Thing*".
However, I am not sure.

----

Do we want to add an example for symsem:isA? Maybe we can expand the
example in the table:

Class Unary predicate City(x), ?x rdf:type dbpedia-owl:City

---

If we want to represent an event verb, we can take the example from the BIO
ontology:
http://vocab.org/bio/0.1/.html#Graduation

--
Manuel Fiorelli