Re: Open Issues in the Model

Hi everyone,
sorry to enter so abruptly in the discussion. I was trying to follow the
 last confcall but my line was very bad (I was calling via Skype)...

>From a lexicographic perspective I really feel uncomfortable about this
idea of defining things such as  "antonymy" under the umbrella of
"variants".
Variants are generally just FormVariants in linguistics, as far as i
remember: relations like antonymy and synonymy are just good old *semantic*
relations for me.
I understand that in Ontolex the *semantics* should be on the ontology
side, but then this may cause ANY relation among senses on the lexicon side
to be a bit.... out of place, maybe?

As for other phenomena, what about derivation, ... would that fall under
LexicalVariant?

I'm sure you have a good reason for that, and if I read all the
documentation I would find it, but I thought it is quicker to just ask :)

Regards,
Francesca