Re: Open Issues in the Model

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Jorge Gracia <jgracia@fi.upm.es> wrote:

> Hi John/all,
>
> Here you are my comments on some of your reported issues...

> >:
>
>> Core:
>>
>>    - We could/should consider using dct:language instead of
>>    ontolex:languageURI
>>
>> Yes, I would be in favour. The drawback, though, is the redundancy of
> names we would have: ontolex:language (for string languages) and
> dct:language (for URI languages). I think that is the reason why we
> introduced "languageURI"
>

>> Variation
>>
>>    - Lexical Variant is defined between either forms *or* lexical
>>    entries... there should be a class that is only for forms and a class that
>>    is only for entries
>>
>> What about TerminologicalVariant (for senses), LexicalVariant (for
> entries), and FormVariant (for forms) ?
> Or even simpler!: SenseVariant, EntityVariant, FormVariant

Yes!!!!

>>    - All variants are specified only in their 'reified' form, do we want
>>    to allow users to directly state variation between two entries (or forms or
>>    senses) with a single triple?
>>
>> A possible option is to use OWL2 "punning" (
> http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-new-features/#F12:_Punning), although I am not
> familiarised with it and I do not control their possible implications well

Yeah the issue is that we probably don't want to pun the classes as
properties.. we want to be able to say something like this

:sense1 lexinfo:antonym :sense2 .

Where

lexinfo:antonym rdfs:subPropertyOf vartrans:senseVariant

Currently we have to do the following:

:antonym1 a vartrans:Variant ;
  vartrans:source :sense1 ;
  vartrans:target :sense2 ;