Re: Open Issues in the Model

Hi John,

  thanks for the summary. I propose we discuss these issue during the
telco this week. I will provide some examples for the metadata module as
well.

Regards,

Philipp.

Am 10.10.14 20:07, schrieb John P. McCrae:
> Hi all,
>
> I went through the model and noted that while I believe we are very
> close there are still a number of open issues that we should look to
> resolve:
>
> Core:
>
>   * In core there is now a 'SenseLexicon' class but no property to
>     relate it any other elements in the model
>   * We could/should consider using dct:language instead of
>     ontolex:languageURI
>   * We cannot give conditions when a Lexical Sense should apply (lemon
>     had a condition property for this)
>   * It would be useful to indicate when a mapping is dependent on the
>     range or domain of a property (possibly)
>   * Should we add subclasses of LexicalEntry as follows Word,
>     MultiWordExpression, Affix?
>
> Syntax and Semantics
>
>   * There is no property to indicate the conjugation (morphological
>     pattern) of a word
>
> Variation
>
>   * Lexical Variant is defined between either forms /or/ lexical
>     entries... there should be a class that is only for forms and a
>     class that is only for entries
>   * All variants are specified only in their 'reified' form, do we
>     want to allow users to directly state variation between two
>     entries (or forms or senses) with a single triple?
>   * Are the Interlingual-/IntralingualVariant classes necessary?
>
> Metadata
>
>   * There is no link between the metadata module and any other module
>     in OntoLex
>   * The Lexicon class is a duplicate of one already in the core
>   * The language property is a duplicate of one defined in the core
>   * ConceptualizedLinguisticResource is not used by any other part of
>     module
>   * The 'lexical link set' class and property are not used by any
>     other part of the module
>   * Several properties are named the same as classes except for the
>     case of the first letter: resourceCoverage, language,
>     lexicalLinkSet and lexicalization
>   * Is the 'linguistic model' really required by every lexicalization?
>
> Regards,
> John

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
AG Semantic Computing
Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
Universität Bielefeld

Tel: +49 521 106 12249
Fax: +49 521 106 6560
Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de