Re: Finalizing the LIME module

Dear all,

  I can not have a telco this Friday, but please go ahead without me. I
guess John can lead the telco. From my side the agenda is:

1) LIME: see points below of Armando
2) Translation of labels: issues and questions
3) Provenance of translations: the proposal of John is to include a
property in LexInfo called "lexinfo:confidence" with range (for
instance) vartrans:TranslationActivity subclassOf provo:Activity. We
would like to avoid having to import the provo ontology in vartrans,
therefore the proposal is to outsource this property to lexinfo.

I will send out access details, but as already mentioned I can not attend.

Philipp.

Am 24.11.14 19:49, schrieb Armando Stellato:

> Dear John, Philipp,
>
> thanks for the resume John!
>
> One thing before we commit any change: we have until now sent always
> updates (later, together with examples) on a turtle version of the
> file, which is rather more readable than RDF/XML. In any case, any
> format is fine for us, but since we have both already in place, this
> is the right time to choose which format to adopt and trash the other
> one. Just let us know if TURTLE is ok or if you prefer to keep the
> RDF/XML one, and we will send updates on the format of your choice.
>
> Apart from further changes, we see in any case the lime.owl you
> attached you sent is still different from the resume of your email
> (e.g. there is stil lLexicalization instead of LexicalizationSet), but
> we can apply these changes asap on the file of the format we agree.
>
> Now, going to your email:
>
> LexicalLinkset: Not in proposal... I remain unconvinced that this is
> really useful but it does not seem completely useless, let's keep it.
>
> We had this left appended for discussion in the next OntoLex meeting.
> Shall we meet this Friday?
>
> Lexicon: Merge with Ontolex module
>
> This has been discussed extensively: in last call I (Armando) said we
> (both Manuel and me) would still prefer them to be separate (and, in
> case of data and medata convering on the same object, have it being an
> instance of both classes), though have no strong opposition in
> merging, providing we are at least sure there are no counterexamples.
> I think we found one counterexample: LIME may provide statistical info
> even about other kind of lexicalizations (and thus of Lexicons as
> well). In this case, a separate file containing SKOSXL Labels, to the
> purpose of our statistics, would be a lime:Lexicon as well, though
> cannot for sure be considered an ontolex:Lexicon. So, if we hold that
> true, at most ontolex:Lexicon could be a rdfs:subClassOf lime:Lexicon.
> Regarding the “look back at the past”: I said in the last call that we
> have no big example from the past: in void there is the notion of
> void:Dataset, simply because there is no equivalent at the data level.
> In VOAF, its authors were not owners of the OWL Vocabulary, so had to
> defined a separate class. But one thing I forgot to mention is that
> they could state the following axiom: voaf:Vocabulary rdfs:subclass
> owl:Ontology, which they did not.
>
> Again, I would not like to make it a “defense at all costs” :-) just
> trying to consider all implications…
>
> class: As proposal
>
>                 ermm…really sorry, don’t recall this: I remember
> Philipp suggested this to be “resourceType”. Did we revert back in the
> last call for any reason? I think I preferred lime:class but didn’t
> recall to have tried to revert to the original name
>
> lexicalizedReferences: Not in proposal but useful
>
> references: Not in proposal but OK
>
> we just noticed now that the “lexicalizedReferences” proposed by
> [...]

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
AG Semantic Computing
Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
Universität Bielefeld

Tel: +49 521 106 12249
Fax: +49 521 106 6560
Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de