RE: R: LIME proposal for the OntoLex W3C Community Group

Dear Philippe, John, all,

I reply here to both Philipp and John’s emails.

By first, I agree with the properties mentioned by John:

* Descriptive Metadata

* Size (Entry count, Sense count, Reference count etc.)

* Structural Metadata

* Which Linguistic Description Ontology is used
* Module coverage. e.g., Does this resource have syn-sem modelling

Actually, the size ones were present in the part of Lime related to Lexical resources (featuring different categories of lexical resource categories: lexical nets, translation dictionaries, etc..). I erroneously cut them when we decided to cut that part of Lime due to the narrower scope of Ontolex, but obviously, a Lexicon IS the lexical resource described by Ontolex, and thus we should describe it!

Regarding the out-of-date, well, this is a problem on the larger scale of Ontolex (if not of the Semantic Web/Linked Data/whatevernamewelike as a whole), as a Lexicon (intended as its content) could be referencing classes which are not on the ontology anymore. A solution may be provided through OWL2 versioning: http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/REC-owl2-syntax-20121211/#Ontology_Documents

For instance, we could mention both the main IR and the IRI of the specific version of the ontology which is been referenced. Not sure what to do with datasets not available as documents and for which most probably there is only one version out. The point is that there are a plethora of methods now used (even dct properties, like dct:modified or dct:issued), and in case, should we cover all of them? (the question is not pleonastic).

Cheers,

Armando