Re: Comments on lime.owl

From: Manuel Fiorelli <fiorelli@info.uniroma2.it>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 22:58:50 +0200
To: Armando Stellato <stellato@info.uniroma2.it>
Cc: John McCrae <jmccrae@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>, Manuel Fiorelli <fiorelli@info.uniroma2.it>, public-ontolex <public-ontolex@w3.org>
Dear Armando,

thank you for having saved me from writing this long reply.

> *Armando*: uhm...not sure. Manuel did you put it to mean that a
> Lexicalization can also provide the total number of lexicalizations used by
> it? mmm, that would make sense. Think this is partially related to the
> ratio/integer. Independently of the coverage (and there can be many
> coverages, specifying coverage of various classes), it may be useful to
> provide the total number of lexicalizations used in a Lexicalization
> dataset. Obviously, if we dont use ratio, that number would be really
> equivalent to the number of lexs used in a ResourceCoverage with
> resource=owl:Thing.

I was tempted to slightly generalize the model. However, I would say it is
a bad idea to provide the total number of lexicalizations as a property of
a lime:Lexicaliation. The reason is that this modeling pattern introduces
much redundancy, which opens the door to inconsistency.

--
Manuel Fiorelli
PhD student in Computer and Automation Engineering

tel: +39-06-7259-7334
skype: fiorelli.m