Re: varstrans.owl

Hi Philipp,

As you may have guessed I don't agree with this. We are not working with
strings we are defining a lexical model and as such the first two
definitions are not applicable to our domain, that is we don't work with
strings we work with senses and entries and forms! By your logic,
translation is actually a relationship between forms not entries, as the
form "Katze" translates to "cat" and the form "Katzen" translates to "cats".

The idea of calling the 'translation' property
'crosslingualequivalentsense' would be in opposition to standard
lexicographic practice as well as inconsistent with most existing lexical
resources. Furthermore, it encourages the confounding practice of putting
translation between lexical entries.

It is clear (at least to me) that translation is a property that must
involve the meaning of the word, and not including the sense would
undermine the robustness and usability of resources created with the model
by condoning ambiguous cross-lingual linking between resources.

Regards,
John