Re: How many forms for orthographic variants?

Hi John,

  yes, a mistake from my side. Can you please correct it?

Thanks!

Philipp.

Am 11.07.14 14:26, schrieb John P. McCrae:
> Hi Philipp, all,
>
> I notice in the spec and in the examples in the repository we still
> have the following:
> :lex_colour a ontolex:LexicalEntry;
>       ontolex:form :form_colour;
>       ontolex:form :form_color.
>
> :form_colour ontolex:writtenRep "colour"@en-GB.
> :form_color ontolex:writtenRep "color"@en-US.
> That is: we use a different form URL for "color"@en-US to
> "colour"@en-GB. This is IMHO not correct for two reasons
>
>   * It involves duplicating any syntactic annotations on the form
>     (e.g., saying "colours" is a third-person present singular form of
>     the verb and so is "colors")
>   * It makes it impossible to decide which form is canonical, without
>     putting the US form above the rest-of-the-world's form or vica versa.
>
> Is this just an oversight, or does this still need to be discussed?
>
> Regards,
> John

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
AG Semantic Computing
Exzellenzcluster für Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)
Universität Bielefeld

Tel: +49 521 106 12249
Fax: +49 521 106 6560
Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de