Re: summary of state-of-play

Elena, all,

  well, I used "commitsTo" in the sense of Guarino in order to say that
a certain symbol in an ontological vocabulary refers to (commits to)
some conceptual relation in a conceptualization, the conceptualization
being essentially "intensional" and not directly accessible (e.g. in the
head of someone, implicit in a certain community).

I used commitTo to avoid using again something like "reference" which
would otherwise become quite overloaded.

Aldo can elaborate on this much more than me, but I hope the intuition
behind using commitsTo is clear now.

Along these lines, commitsTo can also be established between an
ontological entity (extensional) and a skos:Concept (intensional)

But I agree with Aldo that skos:Concept is the more general class and
that skos:Concepts need not be lexicalized. Under this understanding
ontolex:LexicalConcept is a subclass of skos:Concept in the sense of
being a special skos:Concept that is lexicalized.

Hope this clarifies my intuitions.

Best regards,

Philipp.

--