Re: Why not to shortcut the "sense" object

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Armando Stellato <stellato@info.uniroma2.it
> wrote:

> From what I got, and hope not to be wrong (it’s useful also for me to
> clarify as I missed a couple of calls on September), OntologyEntity is a
> generic rdf:Resource of one of the main entities in the main vocabularies
> (aka: OWL and SKOS, thus: property, class, individual, skos concept…).****
>
> Another question to John from my side: from your email it seemed to be
> against stating the propertyChain axiom on (means, <meaning,representedBy>)
> implying that the direct Entry ---means--> OntologyEntity from "Lexical
> Entry -> meaning -> Sense -> representedBy -> OntologyEntity"  but then
> the sentence: “Here the difference is 1 named elements vs. 3 named
> elements, but as stated above, at least half of users (data consumers) will
> have to understand all 4 names...” instilled some doubt in my
> interpretation…****
>
> ** **
>
> Are you voting against the larger structure as a whole (thus keeping only
> the Entry ---means--> OntologyEntity structure), or against the
> propertyChain axiom? I really got the second, though I’m not even sure how
> adding the p.chain axiom (or not doing it) would change anything for the
> user or consumer. I’m sure I’m missing something, so sorry in advance for
> my potential misinterpretation.

Sorry it isn't clear: the long chain is TBMK agreed upon (Lexical Entry ->
meaning -> Sense -> representedBy -> OntologyEntity)*... we are questioning
whether we need the short chain (Entry ---means--> OntologyEntity) as well.
I say it is not worth it.

Regards,
John

* or (Word -> sense -> Sememe/Acceptation -> characterizes ->
rdf:Resource/skos:Concept/owl:Entity) or some combination of these terms.

****