Re: Specification of requirements

Dear Gil,

  thanks for your comments, I answer to them below:

Am 12.12.12 10:20, schrieb Gil Francopoulo:
> Dear Philipp,
>
> Two points of detail:
>
> Point#1
> It seems that there is a typo on:
> http://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Specification_of_Requirements
>
> Where:
> lexicon models such as LMF as well as terminology models such as LMF
> Should be:
> lexicon models such as LMF as well as terminology models such as TMF

Yes

> Point#2
> Concerning: the principle of /semantics by reference/ in the sense
> that the meaning of a lexical entry is specified by reference to an
> individual, class, object property or datatype property in a given
> ontology
>
> I have a question concerning the term "reference". Could the
> individual class describe an abstract notion like "happiness" ?
> Or is is restricted to flaccid and rigid designators, as mentionned in
> the Kripkean lectures?

Sure, if the ontology in question is able to formalize / capture the
concept of happiness. But I would say that how exactly this is
formalized should not be a concern to the ontology-lexicon model as
different ontologies might conceptualize this concept differently. Other
knowledge representation systems might even build on prototypes rather
than set-theoretical semantics. The lexicon-ontology model in some sense
is agnostic to this.

--
Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano
Semantic Computing Group