Von: Philipp Cimiano [mailto:cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 06. Dezember 2012 17:39
An: public-ontolex@w3.org
Betreff: Telco tomorrow

Dear all,

 I have edited the following three requirements according to our discussions last week, trying to come up with a synthesis that we can agree upon:

http://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Specification_of_Requirements/Lexicon-Ontology-Mapping

http://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Specification_of_Requirements/Valence_and_Ontological_Mapping

http://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Specification_of_Requirements/Lexico-Syntactic_Patterns

Please have a look, I have some questions on these that I would like to discuss tomorrow.

For example, concerning the pattern:

      :flüssig a owl:DatatypeProperty;

               rdfs:domain :Aggregatszustand;

      :fest a owl:DatatypeProperty;

               rdfs:domain :Aggregatszustand;

      :gasförmig a owl:DatatypeProperty

               rdfs:domain :Aggregatszustand;
It seems to me that flüssig, fest oder gasförmig  can not be properties as they do not have arguments, to they?

So I see two possibilities:

1) Aggregatszustand is a class and flüssig, fest and gasförmig are nominals, i.e. Aggregatszustände \equiv \{flüssig\} \sqcup \{fest\} \sqcup \{gasförmig\}

2) aggregatszustand is a object property with can have the individuals ex:flüssig, ex:fest and ex:gasförmig as range

3) aggregatszustand is a datatype property with values "flüssig", "fest" and "gasförmig"

The sentence

Aggregatszustände sind flüssig, fest oder gasförmig.
is in fact compatible with all of the above modelling, so which one do we choose when including the pattern in the lexicon-ontology model?

Further, I have added a new requirement:

http://www.w3.org/community/ontolex/wiki/Specification_of_Requirements_on_Terminological_Analysis

We should discuss this one tomorrow in detail.

Please read through these as I intend to stabilize them tomorrow.

Looking forward to our talk tomorrow.

Philipp.

--

Prof. Dr. Philipp Cimiano

Semantic Computing Group

Excellence Cluster - Cognitive Interaction Technology (CITEC)

University of Bielefeld

Phone: +49 521 106 12249

Fax: +49 521 106 12412

Mail: cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de<mailto:cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>