Re: relationships to Creative Commons

From: Renato Iannella <renato@knowledgeflux.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 13:31:07 +0000
To: "public-ole-comment@w3.org" <public-ole-comment@w3.org>
CC: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>

On 9 Dec 2015, at 1:01 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org<mailto:ivan@w3.org>> wrote:

I think the acceptance of OPOE is closely related to its relationship to Creative Commons. In view of the widespread usage of CC, I think it is essential to show that OPOE is a superset of CC (as the intro suggests) and this is documented.

I would be ok to see the CC/ODRL profile become a NOTE in the WG (given some demand from participants).

In such a NOTE, we would need to be clear on the differences between the “instant-licence” model of CC (including its dependency on legal jurisdictions) and ODRL’s “build-your-own-license” model.

Renato Iannella
Head of Innovation and Emerging Technologies, KnowledgeFlux
Level 7, 100 Edward St, Brisbane 4000 AUSTRALIA +61 4 1313 2206